The GetResponse Email editor is intuitive and simple. In-depth reporting and analytics. Robust features across all marketing fronts. As they say, it's a marketing machine.
GetResponse is more than you need if you're only using email and don't need webinars and the full marketing funnel functionality. Templates could use a bit of freshening up to be more modern.
GetResponse is a great fit if you're amping up your marketing machine with more robust tools. It's also a great fit for those who are already using webinars and email marketing, but you want to consolidate the number of different tools required to accomplish your goals.
Quick GetResponse Review
If you’re looking for a marketing tool as effective as your Swiss Army knife, you’ve found it here. GetResponse is a brawny eCommerce business solution built to tackle just about anything marketing.
With 8 premium features and supporting sub-features, GetResponse is the omnichannel solution that makes small to medium businesses look and play like juggernauts in eCommerce. From standard email marketing, automation, and segmentation, to webinars, landing pages, and even eCommerce sales, this thing is built for just about anything except for maybe a bear attack.
Bear in mind this is no small dent to your wallet, but it is complemented by one of the most diverse suites of solutions on the market. If you’re looking to unlock the full might of their tools, you should probably opt for their Plus plan which will run you roughly $59/month for 2,500 subscribers. Whichever plan you choose, you’re setting yourself up to play in the big leagues of eCommerce.
This is the real stuff: a review of GetResponse
Founded in 1997 as an email autoresponder, GetResponse was the brainchild of Simon Grabowski. What started as one simple feature snowballed over the course of two decades, but what GetResponse didn’t expect was a whole damn avalanche.
Less than 10 years after their birth, they continued to grow, offering over 150 templates for users as well as developing new innovative features. They even did it so well, they were recognized as the #2 email marketing provider by Website Magazine. Today, they have over 350,000 customers in 183 countries and they even boast 27 different languages on their platform. Can you say let’s make money in German?
GetResponse takes marketing tools to the next level with its abundance of features, all of which are intuitive, simple, and effective. It steps outside the realm of just email, attacking all other avenues of marketing and allowing you to connect with your customers more effectively. If you think Mailchimp is powerful, GetResponse is an emperor amongst plebeians.
But enough bragging, let’s get down to brass tax.
How much does GetResponse Cost?
You should be used to this by now, but GetResponse’s pricing model is very similar to every other email marketing solution—the more subscribers you have, the more cash you hand over. Now with their particular solution, the density of that wad of cash increases quite a bit. If you hesitate to spend dollars or have an evil little accountant that sits over your shoulder, GetResponse isn’t going to be right for you.
If you find yourself with some stacks to spend and a marketing appetite like that of a gorilla, I encourage you to keep reading, you’ll start to salivate.
Like many other solutions, GetResponse does offer a free version for 30 days, after which you will be looking at a going rate of $25/month for 2,500 subscribers. But, as expected, their Basic plan lacks the chutzpah you’re probably looking for.
Those looking to pack a serious punch should consider the Plus or Professional plans, which are equally solid options to choose from. If you go the Plus route, you’ll find yourself handing over $59/month for 2,500 respectfully. If you’re thinking you need more, their Professional plan will run you $119/month for the same 2,500 subscribers.
Now if you’re getting money like Tupac, and looking to have an impact like him, which we can’t promise, they do offer an Enterprise plan that flaunts the modest price of $1,199.
Yes, I know that’s pretty damn steep.
But wait, I still haven’t told you about their kick-ass features.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is made stupid simple when it comes to GetResponse. Their email block creator is intuitive, while their 500+ templates ensure you find a proper fit for your budding brand. On the backend is their Perfect Time and Time travel tools that deliver your emails on time, in every time zone. Oh, and if your photography skills are lacking, they also have over 5,000 free stock photos.
- Marketing Automation & Segmentation: This will really get you going. GetResponse has some diverse segmentation capabilities for specific customer flows and bitchin’ automation. This keeps your customers engaged throughout every step of their relationship with you. With a drag-and-drop workflow builder, you can select from a variety of automations, tailored to specific customer actions and schedule out the necessary responses.
- Landing Pages & Forms: If you’re looking to quickly slap-up forms that lead to well-designed landing pages, this will do the trick. Their wardrobe has over 500 templates and mobile response testing makes sure your customers don’t get stuck looking at photos that resemble circa 2007.
- Traffic Generation: GetResponse decided they would drop a humble brag here with their social ads creator app that automatically creates photos, videos, banners, and slideshows for your social channels. From there, you can start thumping Facebook and IG audiences with targeted ads.
- eCommerce Operability: You’re probably wondering how many integrations this bad boy offers. It’s 130. That’s a pretty solid number, though I’ve seen better, but don’t mind because all you Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce merchants are invited to the party. And if you’re not on any of those, GetResponse allows you to create a store within their platform. And yes, you can conduct transactions.
- Webinars: Everyone loves a good webinar…sometimes. But nonetheless, GetResponse takes it up a notch by offering live stream capabilities for Facebook and Youtube, along with an interactive whiteboard and smart polls. Don’t worry, with these webinars, nobody will whine and moan about having to download a plug-in installation to join either.
- Account & Campaign Management: What’s pretty great about GetResponse is that they have 24/7 support in 7 different languages, as well as a robust resource hub for all answers marketing. If you choose to really ball out with your plan, count on getting an account manager partnered with a custom IP address as well.
Ok, I’m done, I promise. For a second…ok, let me clear one thing up, this behemoth creature is not for everyone.
Who GetResponse is not for.
If you’re a young bull looking to scale your marketing efforts but your pockets are shallow, I would tell you to try something a little smaller and more reasonable.
If you’re looking for a simple email marketing tool and all this extra good stuff seems well, extra…I’d tell you this is definitely not for you. There are tons of email marketing tools out there that are easy foot ins. Peep our review for Email Octopus.
Who GetResponse is for.
If you want to buff up your marketing tools and hit your competition with an uppercut, you should try GetResponse. With an arsenal of marketing weapons and a stellar support team, it’s worth the investment if you think you can handle all of it.
If you are a small to medium Magento or Shopify store that is tired of marketing efforts looking more like middle school art and needs organization, this is for you. It’s simple and intuitive to the point where you could intentionally ignore everything and still learn it. Plus, it complements your business as it scales.
Lastly, if you’re already using email marketing and webinars this is a great tool for you. Cut down on the number of different SaaS providers you use and get your full marketing suite in one spot.
GetResponse is big, burly, and ready for just about any marketing challenge. The eCommerce brands who want to deliver crafted and intentional customer experiences on all fronts, need to consider GetResponse a front-runner when it comes to omnichannel marketing solutions.