Quick SendPulse review.
If you’re a small business owner, I’ll bet you’ve done a little of everything in your business. That’s part of getting an idea off the ground. You’ve probably also learned how to run on a Ramen budget. Unfortunately, that’s usually part of it as well.
If you’ve found yourself wearing more hats than a group of bald guys in the desert, let me introduce you to SendPulse—the email software that helps scrappy entrepreneurs get a grasp on their email marketing.
With a collection of email marketing features like 360 automation, visual statistics, and 130+ free templates, SendPulse allows brands to deliver kick-ass emails on a dollar-store budget.
I wasn’t kidding when I said dollar-store.
Let’s say your contact list is under 500, you’re only looking at $8/mo for unlimited emails and their entire suite of features. Those brands flaunting a 2.5k contact list only see a small cost increase to $25/mo. Hell, even the big players with 25k contact lists, only pay $108/mo for SendPulse to fling emails to inboxes.
If your brand is still in the “screw it, I’ll do it myself” stage and needs an email marketing solution to help you make it, all without breaking your bank statement, SendPulse should be your next hire.
Here’s a cannonball of a review about SendPulse.
SendPulse was started in 2015 with the goal of connecting brands and customers through email. Over the last five years, the once email-exclusive brand has grown into a 5-medium software that delivers messaging to audiences across the globe.
With offices in New York, San Francisco, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus, they are more cultured than your friend who spent two semesters abroad in college—and they have the credentials to show for it. Here are a few to note:
- 2018 Peoples Ukranian Award Winner
- 2016 Top 10 Tech Startups by Starta Accelerator.
- Over 800,000 users—25,000 of which are paying users.
Remember when I mentioned SendPulse is a 5-medium platform? I wasn’t kidding. If I had the whole day, I’d tell you all about it, but for the sake of time, here’s the quick breakdown of their four other messaging services. Keep in mind, each one of these requires a separate subscription and monthly payment.
- Web Push: Start sending users instant browser notifications that update them on sales, new content, or events—all of which are driven by segmentation and automation.
- Free under 10k subscribers
- $19.95/mo for over 30k subscribers.
- SMS: Send bulk SMS to over 800 networks in the world with drip campaigns driven by powerful automation.
- Facebook ChatBot: connect with your Facebook audience by sending campaigns that are highly targeted and personalized to your following.
- Free under 10k messages/mo
- $9.85/mo for unlimited.
- Viber: For all the off-grid or international customers, you can still send SMS messages via Viber to any customer on that service. And it is much cheaper than sending SMS.
- Mandatory minimum payment of $434/mo.
It’s clear to me that SendPulse is definitely doing something right, but you’re probably wondering exactly how much are you going to be doling out to them each month.
How much does SendPulse Cost?
Sendpulse’s pricing structure, like many other email marketing solutions, is determined by subscriber count. Out of the gate, they offer a Free plan that gives you 500 subscribers and 15k emails—in case you’re completely new to this whole email thing. Anyone looking to send more will see a starting rate of $8/mo for unlimited emails.
Those boasting a 2.5k subscriber list will have a monthly charge of $29, while 5k club members will see $35 taken out every month. The bigger 10k subscriber lists are looking at a charge of $53/mo, making it a serious competitor for the lowest price in the game.
Here’s a nice gallery of their pricing in case you wanted some physical proof.
Now if you’ve made it this far you must really be interested in what SendPulse has to offer, or you have a weakness for hardcore software. Either way, the best part of this review is coming up next…
Features of SendPulse
Once more, I’ll remind you that this is only their email marketing product.
- Drag-and-Drop Editor: create emails wicked fast with custom templates that are mobile responsive. Don’t worry, no coding for you here.
- Automation 360: send emails based on customer actions like purchases, registrations, events, feedback, and confirmations. Create campaigns that are based on these triggers so you can look ahead while your customer’s inboxes get filled.
- Personalization: Take advantage of their segmentation capabilities and personalize your emails for specific groups. Then run it through an A/B test to see whether you’re a better writer the first or second time.
- Visual Statistics: For all you visual learners—you know who you are— SendPulse visualizes all of your statistical data gathered through automation and displays it according to your preferences.
- Forms: Start your relationship right by presenting your want-to-be subscriber with a form. Trust me, it will probably go better than your last attempt at asking that one person out last week.
- Mobile App: You already spend 23 combined days a year on your phone anyway. Schedule campaigns and check reports wherever you are—or at least wherever there’s a signal.
- Reporting: No complex charts or graphs here. SendPulse keeps it stupid-easy to evaluate campaign results by looking at opens, clicks, unsubs, and errors.
That’s a SaaSload of features, I know.
For all those who still can’t decide if SendPulse is for them, or if you are so new to this business that you don’t even know who you are yet, let me tell you who should give this a try.
Who SendPulse is for.
The scrappy entrepreneur who wants to look good on a budget. You need the ability to scale as your list grows so you can plan the domination of your industry accordingly.
The entrepreneurs running an operation internationally. You need multilingual support 24/7, without having to buy every language book for dummies. This is the software that won’t break the bank and keeps you in touch with your people wherever they are.
Who SendPulse is not for.
Any brand looking for a strong email marketing software that can do more than just email. You need an entire arsenal of marketing features to fill your funnel and attack your competitors. Read our review for GetResponse, it will have the muscle you’re looking for.
Big brands slinging to over 15k inboxes a month. This a great software if you’re focusing strictly on price, but if you’re doing 15k emails a month, you need something more robust. You’ve built a big following, your subscribers deserve more. Check out Hubspot or Klaviyo.
For those scrappy entrepreneurs just starting out in email marketing, don’t overlook SendPulse. SendPulse has a nice email marketing suite and a price almost unmatched by other solutions.